“We live in an age of horrifically frequent school shootings, which are disgusting, yet people still obsess, fantasize and LOVE Tate from AHS Murder House? Forgive me, but wasn’t HE a high school gunman? Yet the girls fawn over him, ignoring something so vital and prevalent in today’s American society.”
"stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls
and ask the ghosts if honor matters.”
1/9 characters - Javik
Journals, articles, books & texts, on folklore, mythology, occult, and related -to- general anthropology, history, archaeology.
Some good and/or interesting (or hokey) ‘examples’ included for most resources.
tryin to organize & share stuff that was floating around onenote.
Journals (open access)
— Folklore, Occult, etc
- Culutural Analysis - folklore, popular culture, anthropology
— The Mythical Ghoul in Arabic Culture
- Folklore - folklore, anthropology, archaeology
— The Making of a Bewitchment Narrative, Grecian Riddle Jokes
- Incantatio - journal on charms, charmers, and charming
— Verbal Charms from a 17th Century Manuscript
- Oral Tradition
— Jewish Folk Literature, Noises of Battle in Old English Poetry
- Journal of Ethnology and Folkloristics
— Nani Fairtyales about the Cruel Bride, Energy as the Mediator between Natural and Supernatural Realms
- International Journal of Intangible Heritage
- Studia Mythologica Slavica (many articles not English)
— Dragon and Hero, Fertility Rites in the Raining Cave, The Grateful Wolf and Venetic Horses in Strabo’s Geography
- Folklorica - Slavic & Eastern European folklore association
— Ritual: The Role of Plant Characteristics in Slavic Folk Medicine, Animal Magic
- Esoterica - The Journal of Esoteric Studies
— The Curious Case of Hermetic Graffiti in Valladolid Cathedral
- The Esoteric Quarterly
- Mythological Studies Journal
- Luvah - Journal of the Creative Imagination
— A More Poetical Character Than Satan
- Transpersonal Studies
— Shamanic Cosmology as an Evolutionary Neurocognitive Epistemology, Dreamscapes
- Beyond Borderlands
- GOLEM - Journal of Religion and Monsters
— The Religious Functions of Pokemon, Anti-Semitism and Vampires in British Popular Culture 1875-1914
- Correspondences - Online Journal for the Academic Study of Western Esotericism
— Kriegsmann’s Philological Quest for Ancient Wisdom
— History, Archaeology
- Adoranten - pre-historic rock art
- Chitrolekha - India art & design history
— Gomira Dance Mask
- Silk Road
— Centaurs on the Silk Road: Hellenistic Textiles in Western China
- Sino-Platonic - East Asian languages and civilizations
— Discursive Weaving Women in Chinese and Greek Traditions
- MELA Notes - Middle East Librarians Association
- Didaskalia - Journal for Ancient Performance
- Ancient Narrative - Greek, Roman, Jewish novelistic traditions
— The Construction of the Real and the Ideal in the Ancient Novel
- Akroterion - Greek, Roman
— The Deer Hunter: A Portrait of Aeneas
- Greek, Roman and Byzantine Studies
— Erotic and Separation Spells, The Ancients’ One-Horned Ass
- Roman Legal Tradition - medieval civil law
— Between Slavery and Freedom
- Phronimon - South African society for Greek Philosophy and the Humanities
— Special Issue vol. 13 #2, Greek philosophy in dialogue with African+ philosophy
- The Heroic Age - Early medieval Northwestern Europe
— Icelandic Sword in the Stone
- Peregrinations - Medieval Art and Architecture
— Special Issue vol. 4 #1, Mappings
- Tiresas - Medieval and Classical
— Sexuality in the Natural and Demonic Magic of the Middle Ages
- Essays in Medieval Studies
— The Female Spell-caster in Middle English Romances, The Sweet Song of Satan
- Hortulus - Medieval studies
— Courtliness & the Deployment of Sodomy in 12th-Century Histories of Britain, Monsters & Monstrosities issue, Magic & Witchcraft issue
- Annual of Medieval Studies at CEU
- Medieval Archaeology
— Divided and Galleried Hall-Houses, The Hall of the Knights Templar at Temple Balsall
- Medieval Feminist Forum
— multiculturalism issue; Gender, Skin Color and the Power of Place … Romance of Moriaen, Writing Novels About Medieval Women for Modern Readers, Amazons & Guerilleres
- Quidditas - medieval and renaissance
- Medieval Warfare
- The Viking Society - ridiculous amount of articles from 1895-2011
Journals (limited free/sub/institution access)
- Al-Masaq - Journal of the Medieval Mediterranean
— Piracy as Statecraft: The Policies of Taifa of Denia, free issue
- Mythical Creatures of Europe - article + map
- Folklore - limited free access
— Volume 122 #3, On the Ambiguity of Elves
- Digital Philology - a journal of medieval cultures
— Saracens & Race in Roman de la Rose Iconography
- Pomegranate - International Journal for Pagan Studies
- Transcultural Psychiatry
- European Journal of English Studies
— Myths East of Venice issue, Esotericism issue
Books, Texts, Images etc.
— Folklore, Occult etc.
- Magical Gem Database - Greek/Egyptian gems & talismans [x] [x]
- Biblioteca Aracana - (mostly) Greek pagan history, rituals, poetry etc.
— Greater Tool Consecration, The Yew-Demon
- Curse Tablets from Roman Britain - [x]
- The Gnostic Society Library
— The Corpus Hermeticum, Hymn of the Robe of Glory
- Grimoar - vast occult text library
— Grimoires, Greek & Roman Necromancy, Queer Theology, Ancient Christian Magic
- Internet Sacred Text Archive - religion, occult, folklore, etc. ancient texts
- Verse and Transmutation - A Corpus of Middle English Alchemical Poetry
- The Internet Classics Archive - mainly Greco-Roman, some Persian & Chinese translated texts
- Bodleian Oriental Manuscript Collection - [x] [x] [x]
- Virtual Magic Bowl Archive - Jewish-Aramaic incantation bowl text and images [x] [x]
- Vindolanda Tablets - images and translations of tablets from 1st & 2nd c. [x]
- Corsair - online catalog of the Piedmont Morgan library (manuscripts) [x] [x]
- Beinecke rare book & manuscripts
— Wagstaff miscellany, al-Qur’ān—1813
- LUNA - tonnes from Byzantine manuscripts to Arabic cartography
- Maps on the web - Oxford Library [x] [x] [x]
- Bodleian Library manuscripts - photographs of 11th-17th c. manuscripts
— Treatises on Heraldry, The Worcester Fragments (polyphonic music), 12 c. misc medical and herbal texts
- Early Manuscripts at Oxford U - very high quality photographs
— (view through bottom left) Military texts by Athenaeus Mechanicus 16th c. [x] [x], MS Douce 195 Roman de la Rose [x] [x]
- Trinity College digital manuscript library
— Mathematica Medica, 15th c.
- eTOME - primary sources about Celtic peoples
— Folklore, Occult etc.
- Demonthings - Ancient Egyptian Demonology Project
- Invocatio - (mostly) western esotericism
- Heterodoxology - history, esotericism, science
— Religion in the Age of Cyborgs
- The Recipes Project - food, magic, science, medicine
— The Medieval Invisible Man (invisibility recipes)
- Morbid Anatomy - museum/library in Brooklyn
- Islamic Philosophy Online - tonnes of texts, articles, links, utilities, this belongs in every section; mostly English
- Medicina Antiqua - Graeco-Roman medicine
- History of the Ancient World - news and resources
— The So-called Galatae, Gauls, Celts in Early Hellenistic Balkans; Maidens, Matrons Magicians: Women & Personal Ritual Power in Late Antique Egypt
- Διοτίμα - Women & Gender in Antiquity
- Bodleian Library Exhibitions Online
— Khusraw & Shirin, Hebrew Manuscripts as a Meeting-Place of Cultures
— folk studies, witchcraft, mythology, science tags
- Atlas Obscura
— Bats and Vampiric Lore of Pére Lachaise Cemetery
i was ready to just scroll past like “haha grammar humor” but then it was weird al and i,
… with different degrees of struggles that we’re implemented by the pale skin via conquests using weapons such as warfare, religion indoctrination, and oppression. And then after pale skin set systems like this into our society, they go around and say things like “We are all human” and confuse “racism” with “prejudice” so that they can keep the system the same way for many years to come.
More like you morons completely forget your ancestors did the same damn shit and then try to change the definition of words to exempt yourself from criticism.
Yes because PoC have set up a system where People of Color have ~poc privilege~, don’t confuse “racism” and “prejudice”.
Actually yes they have.
Mayans and Aztecs weren’t carving people’s hearts outs of their chests for the gods.
The Mongols killing at least 30,000,000 people?
Along with Mao and his death toll
Armenian genocide at the hands of the Turkish?
Japanese Empire raping, killing, and looting all over the Pacific?
Native Americans being tribes of warrior societies who constantly fought each other?
Iroquois tribes being imperialistic land grabbing machines of brutality?
Yuan-Ming dynasty transition?
Qing conquering of the Ming dynasty?
An Lushan Rebellion? .
Somalian Civil War?
Nigerian Civil War?
Nairobi Mall attack?
Don’t forget that other countries besides America exist, and damn sure don’t change the definition of fucking words, you dumb cunt.
Well look at that.
The weirdest thing about all of this stuff is they seem to think prejudice is fine. Diet racism. Racism lite. Skim racism.
This is how racist Tumblr is.
Not only do they have such an Americanized view of history and the world but they apply it to everything, where the world thing ever in the world was the white people claiming First Nation’s land and enslaving Africans (and yes, those are awful things, but other nations have done similar).
Not only that, they act like if you aren’t white, you were fucking helpless little lambs for all of history, incapable of evil, brutality or violence. They’re treating entire ethnic groups like children, free of responsibility because of their skin color. Only white people are apparently ‘worthy’ enough respect to be judged by their actions.
No they don’t. Nobody on tumblr judges anyone by their actions. They judge them by the actions of their race/gender/sex/religion blablabla. This goes for both sjw dumbasses and right wing/conservative bloggers
July 21st is the day that Mario Tennis for the N64 was released in japan, and it also marks the first appearance of Waluigi!
Happy birthday Waluigi!
may i point out that the specific move waluigi is performing in this gif is called a biellmann spin, a very intensely difficult component in figure skating and particularly challenging for a man to perform. i think we should applaud waluigi for such clear dedication to his craft